Tag Archives: driving in costa Blanca
The roads are titled differently in Spain and it is important to know what type of route you are on at all times.
- A motorway is called an autopista and will have an A or E before the number on any road signs. Often these are toll roads and carry with them a speed limit of 120kph.
- A dual carriageway is called an autovia. Speed limits range between 80kph to 120kph.
- The local highways are called Carretera Local. Speed limit is generally 100kph but can be much lower in some stretches.
- The national highway is called the Carretera National and will be marked with an N or CN before any number on a sign. Speed limits range between 60kph and 100kph.
- Country roads are called Carretera Camarcal and will be marked with a C before the number. Speed limits range between 80kph and 100kph.